Maison de la Chimie, Paris
28 Rue Saint-Dominique,
75007 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 40 62 27 00
A prestigious historic site, the Maison de la Chimie brings to its guests the benefit and privilege of a modern house with a soul rich in its past. Located in the centre of Paris, the Maison de la Chimie is just a short walk from the Louvre museum and the Eiffel Tower.
Originally built in 1708 and inhabited by Frédéric-Maurice de la Tour, Count of Auvergne, Lieutenant-General of King Louis XIV, and then by his son, Cardinal Henri de la Tour d´Auvergne. In 1764 it became the property of the Count of Caraman, Marshal of Camp, promoted in 1780 to Lieutenant General of Louis XVI. During the French Revolution, the family emigrated, then returned to Paris in 1801. The site was kept in joint possession until 1820, when it was purchased by the Comte de La Rochefoucauld, Ambassador of France. Their son, the Duke of Estissac, and his descendants kept it until 1929, when it became home to the nonprofit association, La Fondation de la Maison de la Chimie (The House of Chemistry).
The venue is a 3-minute walk from Invalides metro station. Invalides is a station on Line 8 and Line 13 of the Paris Métro, as well as a station on RER C.
Paris Metro Official Site: www.ratp.fr/en/plan-metro